Sunday, May 21, 2006

AMAZING MENADO

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky, and all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
- John Edward Mosefield

I’m on the sea! I’m on the sea!
I am where I would ever be;
With the blue above, and the blue below,
And silence wheresoe’er I go;
If a storm should come and awake the deep,
What matter? I shall ride and sleep.

- The Sea (Barry Cornwall)

If I have ever seen something calm, it doesn’t beat Menado Sea. We were there on its best season, (out of our habit, off-season-group) and the surface of the sea lied like a giant silk fabric without a single wave, and sometimes, without a single ripple. With reflection of the sky, sometimes the Menado Tua volcano looked like it hovered in the middle of nowhere because of the sea calmness and mirror image of the sky.


The Calm Sea of Menado


Menado Tua Volcano